5 Hot Drinks For August
Come the first chill of August, I can be sure of one thing: I will pick up at least one (although probably more like two or three) colds or sore throats in the coming months. It is also a time when the body craves for hot and sizzling food and beverages, almost perpetually. You can’t help but cuddle on a sofa with a cup of coffee or hot chocolate to keep the chill away. My go-to used to be lemon tea with honey, but I’ve discovered there are so many more easy-to-make and totally comforting warm drinks that can keep the cold at bay.
These hot drinks are sweet and tasty and sure to be your new favorite way to warm up. Try one or more of these super tasty drinks today!
Need your daily cup of coffee? Give it a twist using ginger and cardamom to turn up the heat.
- 50 gms freshly ground coffee
- 2 tsp cardamom powder
- 3 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
- 200 ml milk
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 4 tbsp cream
- 25 gms chocolate, grated
How to Make Spiced Coffee
- Combine coffee, 1 1/2 tsp cardamom powder and ginger. Brew in 1 liter of water.
- Heat milk and sugar until scalding point.
- Pour in the hot coffee with the milk.
- Whip cream and 1/2 tsp cardamom powder together.
- Spoon over the coffee.
- Serve with grated chocolate on the top.
Ginger Turmeric Honey Bomb
This Ginger Turmeric Honey Bomb is sure to open up your breathing and get you feeling amazing again!
- 1/2 cup / 120 ml honey
- 2-4 tbsp freshly grated ginger (or ground ginger)
- 2 tsp ground or freshly grated turmeric
- 1 organic lemon, freshly grated zest
- 2 pinches ground black pepper
How to Make Ginger Turmeric Honey Bomb
- Stir together all ingredients in a bowl.
- Taste and add more ginger or turmeric if needed.
- Store the Ginger & Turmeric Honey Bomb in a glass container.
- Boil a cup of water and let slightly cool (to keep the benefits from the honey intact).
- Stir in a few teaspoons of the honey mixture and drink.
- You can of course also add this to your favorite brewed tea.
Wonderfully tasty and full of earthy flavours.
Pumpkin soup is not only a wonderful option for anyone fighting indigestion and stomach infections, but a powerhouse of all kinds of vitamins, minerals, proteins and various nutrients that promote a healthy immune system. weight loss & help in regulating blood pressure.
Don’t sweat preparing this one. Smoothie Life is now serving this healthy delicacy with a hint of broccoli, peanuts and french beans. Karibu today for a hot bowl.😋😋
Irish coffee is a bewitching combination of sweet, whisky-laced coffee through softly-whipped cream. Very simple, very indulgent, very delicious.
- 50 Ml Unsweetened Cold Whipping Cream
- 2 Tbsp Soft Brown Sugar
- 50 Ml Irish Whisky
- 1 Cup Freshly Brewed Coffee
- To sprinkle Nutmeg (optional)
How to Make Irish Coffee
- Fill a tall glass (traditionally with a stem) with hot boiling water, leave to stand and then pour away the water.
- Whip the cream until the bubbles disappear and it has just started to thicken and form ribbons underneath the whisk. Put back in the refrigerator.
- Dissolve the sugar in 2 tablespoons of hot water in a small pan and bring to a boil. Add some freshly brewed rich coffee and stir. Then remove from heat and stir in the whisky.
- Pour the mixture of whisky, sugar and coffee into the bottom of the pre-heated glass. You can get your favourite whisky from Interworld Liquor Store located on ground floor.
- Take the cold cream out of the fridge, whisk once again, then pour it on over the back of a spoon (to prevent it from sinking) until you hit the rim of the glass.
- Grate a little nutmeg over the top and serve immediately.
Sweet and creamy, with the kick of alcohol, this beverage is perfect for winters giving you something delicious to sip on as well as warming you up from within.
- 1/2 Cup Baileys
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 4-5 Cardamoms
- 1 Tbsp Dark Chocolate, grated
How to Make Bailey’s Delight
Now it’s time to rug up and get cosy with this collection of warming “winter”drink recipes.
- Heat milk in a saucepan along with cinnamon and cardamons to develop flavour.
- Pour Bailey’s in a tall glass and add the flavoured milk to it. Mix well using a fork.
- Finish with grated chocolate on top.
- Serve hot.